Monday, November 14, 2011

Latest Vintage Finds (Picture Heavy)

During my recent 'back and forth' trips to my hometown of Mechanicsville, Virginia, not only was I able to hang out with my best friend of 23 years, she and I got to visit the Cold Harbor Antique Mall on Rt. 360 in Mechanicsville.

http://www.coldharborantiquemall.com/


Due to the many pictures in this post, I will keep my commentary to a minimum.  I was floored with the number of mid-century goods, especially lamps and furniture! If I was richer and/or had a bigger car, I would have bought so much more!

I bought this blond wood, mid-century side table for $15.00 USD!
I got these two lovely "TV cats" for $7.00 USD and $5.60 USD.

Another view:
I purchased a Starglow platter for $9.00 USD:
And I bought a pie plate for $7.00 USD:
I was so happy to have found this set of 4 cocktail glasses for $18.00 USD:

I love the still crisp detail of the design:
Look at this gorgeous flour container! It is deadstock and I only paid $12.50 USD!
I adore this green glass sculpture ($14.40 USD) and TV lamp ($38.00 USD):
Here is a detail view of the sculpture:
I bought this mid-century, Danish pewter circle candle holder for $10.00 USD:
This cute, 50s-era metal music stand was $25.00 USD:
Now, here is the "piece de resistance!" My first-ever, genuine mid-century lamp!
For so long, I have pined for an Eames era lamp but the prices on Etsy and eBay tend to be quite high and the shipping alone (understandably) is steep. Nevertheless, when I saw this lovely priced at $85.00 USD, I knew I had to bring her home!

Here is the detail of the shade:
And an up-close view of the ceramic base:
I cannot get over how wonderful the Cold Harbor Antique Mall's selection was! The prices were so reasonable and the staff was a delight! I will always be sure to make a trip there part of my visits home!

20 comments:

  1. Hey I have those starburst glasses!! I found 3 but one has a chunk broken out of it. I couldn't bear to toss it so it holds toothpicks on my stove :D I love knowing vintage lovers have found the same items, hehe. You've found a ton of awesome stuff but the cats and the record stand are what I will steal if I ever visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man! thrifting win! so jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rueby,

    That is neato that you have the same glasses! lol! I was amazed at how crisp the detailing is! No fading or chipping! If one of my glasses chipped, I couldn't toss it either! The antique mall had two other tv cats and they were about 5 and 7 dollars each.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate,

    I cannot wait to go back! I could have spent hours in there! I have never seen so many 50s, Eames-era lamps in one place!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeeeeeekkkk!! I'll have one of everything please! Totally wow finds, love the $15 table and the music stand :) Wish there had been more affordable antiques places in Florida. The ones we went too were amazing, but very $$$$!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh i adore your lamp. Some real gems you have there!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i LOVE antique malls, and you found a gem! With such amazingly cheap prices too! Congrats on all your gorgeous purchases!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy Heck you got some awsome stuff.

    The T.v. cats are so cute!
    I love the starglow dishes & the glasses.
    *OoOO* The sculpture is lovely.
    And the lamp is absolutely fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clare,

    I,too, couldn't believe that table was only 15.00 USD! I agree that the Florida antique shops were a bit pricey! However, I did manage to find a few well-priced items in Boca Raton back in May whilst visiting my in-laws. But, the place I visited by my parents' house was amazing! Great selection and great prices!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bella VonBluebell,

    I am in love with my lamp! I so want more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. miss vintage love,

    Thank you for the comment! I want to go back there soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Ms. Coconut! I adore my TV cats! The antique mall actually had them displayed as "Halloween items." I could have spent the entire day in that place! There was just far too many goodies to search through!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG such great prices, wow! I love the end table particularly, you lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! What great bargains!
    the gatos are adorable..yo quiero esa lampara tan maravillosa.
    ojala y todo se mejore pronto con tu papi.
    besos

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, some really nice finds! I am a sucker for two-tiered lampshades like that. And that music stand is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks, Fiona! I was just in shock over the price of the table! There was another similar to it in colour and style but the table was gone when I went back to inquire about it. It was $12.50 USD and apparently the owner of that booth where the 15.00 USD table was decided to load his booth up. I saw it on his truck but I did not want to pester him for it. Nevertheless, I am happy I got my table! 15 bucks can't be beat!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Muchas gracias, la Dama!! Me encanto mi lampara! I love my gatas (I have a feeling ellas son hembras)!! I still cannot get over how cheap all the lovely cosas were! I am going back for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tasha,

    You should have seen the lamps!! There were so many! I have never seen such an amazing variety in one place! And even better, the prices were fab!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those cocktail glasses are to die for!
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  20. Up to now, mens glasses make the most of this kind of scantiness and make each of their solution to the best rank pertaining to gents most liked decoration in a single cerebrovascular event.

    ReplyDelete