Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Date Night Look! (Updo Inspired by BerlinHairBaby's Youtube Tutorial)

(image from artfire.com)

Yesterday was Valentine's Day and even though I did not want anything, the husband (ie Big Daddy), took me out to dinner at Ruth's Chris. It was packed!  The food was too good and we ate too much but it was worth it! (I love their seafood and Big Daddy loves the steak!)

In preparation of our date, I wanted to do a different look this time. I usually do victory rolls or maybe a "hair down" look (now that it is growing out nicely) but last night I decided to do an updo I saw in a tutorial by BerlinHairBaby on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvjTkdXhsPY&feature=relmfu

I have watched several of her video tutorials and they are awesome! I love her thorough and in-depth instructions and she is a doll!!

To match my look, I wore a light aqua satin brocade bolero jacket my auntie bought in the UK for me, a black Stop Staring wiggle dress,  50s vintage black velvet stilettos, and a 50s-era Lisner parure set. The set is made with silvertone metal, blue rhinestones, and a aqua-colored lucite or plastic.

Here is the overall look:
Here is the front up-close:
Here is the back:
Here is a detail view of the necklace:
Here is my eye look for the evening:

Another view:
I am wearing Ardell brand lashes in "105."

I wish the "head to toe" picture came out but for some reason, my camera phone was making the images too dark! I looked like I was in dimly lit cave instead of my sitting room!

Nevertheless, here is the same style dress I wore:
(image courtesy of RedDressshoppe.com)

This is the third time I have done this Betty Draper-inspired updo and each time, it becomes easier and easier to create! I am looking forward to trying more styles!

So, how was your Valentine's?

24 comments:

  1. Between the immaculately styled hair and flawless skin, you are a picture of perfection! Love the lashes too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginger! The skin is all due to a good concealer!

      Delete
  2. Ooh, your hair looks fantastic! I may have to try out this tutorial. Has a bit of a '60s flavour. :)
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andi! BerlinHairBaby has great videos! I love her 60s updos! Her instructions are easy to follow!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, Stephanie Lynn! I was so excited to find that Lisner set for a good price and in such immaculate condition!

      Delete
  4. oooh the do is gorgeous! I love your Lisner set though, my favourite type of jewellery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a really nice updo - I love her tutorials, and you have a definite talent for creating smooth updos. Lovely.

    Also your eye make up, I love the dramatic gold and black. Very romantic and saucy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Perdita! I adore BerlinHairBaby's videos too! This particular updo came out well but the first couple of times the look was a bit wonky. I am getting better with practice.

      As for the eye look, I used Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid liner in Eldorado and Make Up For Ever liner in 9L. I love both of those makeup lines' eye products! So much sparkle and color!

      Delete
  6. You looked lovely- I really like your hair like that. I must go check out that video. Thanks for sharing it!
    You're makeup is so pretty, as always
    x Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mrs. MollyDoll! BerlinHairBaby's videos are amazing!

      Delete
  7. I love your hair and the Lisner pieces! I should definitely check out that hair tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment and comment! The video link is a definite must look!

      Delete
  8. Love that hairstyle!! You were a knockout I'm sure :) I also just realized that I should ask you how on earth you style your bangs...they are always perfect! I'm constantly struggling to find a method I like. Is your hair stick straight naturally? I'm afraid mine has an incredibly subtle wave when short which is the source of my problems I think...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rueby! As for my hair, it is naturally wavy. I use a round bristle brush and a hair dryer to dry and shape my bangs. I also trim them every two weeks myself. I used to visit my stylist for regular bang trims. But a while back, I bought a pair of professional shears at Ulta and found this video on YouTube:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6bDZb_HzMA

      It is so helpful and I love the little kitty you can hear in the background! As a "crazy cat lady" (I have three), I so wish I could see that little baby!

      Delete
    2. Oooh. I haven't tried round brush and hair dryer. That may just work! Thank you :)

      Delete
  9. Que guapa estas mujer!
    me gusta mucho su hermoso necklace.
    besones

    ReplyDelete
  10. An advanced guy shopper, you are able to choose rimless glasses for males.

    ReplyDelete