Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Vintage Pic of the Day


This is my dad (on the right) and his friend in Copenhagen, 1956. My father joined the Norwegian Merchant Marines at the age of 16. He left his hometown in Norway to find adventure and see the world. Dad says he got to visit places like Denmark, Holland, Trinidad, Jamaica, Venezuela, Cuba, the Panama Canal, and the Suez Canal. He also got to see the United States by stopping in ports like Norfolk and Corpus Christi.

In this photo, Dad and his buddy Egil were on their way to Rotterdam from Copenhagen. Dad is probably 16/17 years old. It is so funny to see my dad smoking, let alone a hand-rolled one! I also love the rockabilly look! You are the most, Daddy! Love you!!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, what a lovely photo! Thanks for sharing.
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Andi! I have so many great vintage photos of my dad! I plan on posting more. He is now 70 and you won't even know it! He is more active than me and I run 5 days a week! To this day, my father continues to inspire me to be classy, kind, considerate, and intelligent.

    ReplyDelete