Friday, November 19, 2010

Calling All Petite Vintage Girls! 1960s Cream Beaded Sweater Up For Grabs!

Hey gals! I hope all are well on this fall day! Can you believe Thanksgiving is less than a week away? Before we know it, the Holiday season will be here in full force!

Anyway, I posted earlier this week about this cute 1960s, cream beaded sweater. I got it on Etsy only for 13.11 USD. Well, I received it yesterday in the mail and when I tried it on this morning before work, wouldn't you know it? She doesn't fit! Rats!! The major areas of concern were the bust, shoulders, and sleeves. Yet, the waist/torso fit fine. I was so disappointed and felt fat! The is the first time I have bought an item that fit too small. I guess there is a first time for everything.

The listing stated that the sweater was a 36 inch bust. I am a 34 bust so I assumed it would fit. Well, after getting to my office today, I looked at the listing details again and sure enough the mystery was solved: the shoulder-to-shoulder measurement is 14 inches! I am always a 15 inch measurement! No wonder the sweater barely fit!

Since this beauty does not fit me, I am offering it to any vintage gal out there who wants it for 10 dollars, including shipping. E-mail me at tara@progllc.com if any of you are interested.

So, here are the specifics:
-The sweater is 20.5 inches long.
-It fits a 34 bust, if not a 32 better.
-The shoulder to shoulder measurement is 14 inches.
-The waist will fit a 26/27 inch waist nicely. If you are 28, that is okay but nothing larger.
-The material feels like a soft wool/cashmere blend.
-There are no smells, stains, or yellow underarms.
-It looks and feels barely worn!

I really would like this beaded lovely to have a good, loving home!

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely sweater - perfect for the holidays!

    I used to be petite a couple of years ago...but I suppose that doesn't count, does it?

    What a generous offer, though. I'm sure that somebody will give it a good home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just left you a award at my blog: http://missamethystspowderroom.blogspot.com/2010/11/my-first-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete