Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Go Vote!

Today is Election Day here in the US (what's left of it)! If you have not gone out and voted yet, please do so! I was able to vote after having lunch with my family and then it was off to the salon to have my hair fixed! (It looks so much better! The pink is gone!)

Anyway, the very first election I was able to vote in took place exactly 17 years ago today! I was a freshman in college and I voted absentee since I was away at school on election day. I picked up the absentee form for my local area when I went home for Fall break. I filled it out and mailed it in right away! The Virginia election was for the governor race that year. I was so excited to finally be able to participate!

So, regardless of your political leanings, go out and make your vote count!

2 comments:

  1. I'm going after work, even took a short lunch so I can squeeze it in before my pedi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Kim! I had my hair appointment today at 2 pm and I made sure to go beforehand since hair color takes a long time! I wanted to be the post-workday rush too! I am excited to hear how things turn out here in VA!

    ReplyDelete