Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Faces of Me

After posting about the different levels of being vintage, I wanted to show some examples of my different "selves."

Here is 18 year old me (on the far left):

(Look at my eyebrows! Who was I trying to channel? Joan Crawford!? Can we say "cosmetic intervention" or what!

Here is college ROTC me with my-then fiance/future husband:

(Here is something funny: look carefully on my face, I actually put on a fake beauty mark with a brown eyeliner! HAHAHAAHAHA! I did this for several years and then I realized how stupid I was! I finally got a tattooed beauty mark (it looks so real my mom thought it was real!) on my right cheek in 2008. My good friend and tattoo artist did it! She made it with different shades of color for depth and realism!)

This is me just before a VNV Nation show last July:

(My hair was actually cut into a short black bob. The rest is a headband wig!)

This is me last night after running 3 and 1/2 miles:

Running is an addiction for me now. I love it. I still cannot believe there was a time when the mere thought of walking was too much for me! Running clears my head, helps me relax, and it is a great way to rock out on the iPod! (I am wearing an old Cure shirt from college in this photo. It is so thin now! But 15 years ago, I used to wear it with a short plaid skirt, black tights, and combat boots to class. I was into Adrienne Rich and taking women's studies then. What a badass I thought I was! lol!)

No matter what what unfolds in the day for me, I am always going to be vintage!

6 comments:

  1. I love the picture of you and your then fiance. *How sweet*
    I have not yet takin up running but for the past Month and a half I have started (Fast walking) 6 nights a week.. Maybe it will eventually lead to running I have no clue. But since I am finally starting to get active my body is going crazy with this all this new activeness. By the time I get back to my driveway I feel like I did back in highschool when I would do track and feild. Jeaz I must have really gotten out of shape over time. *lol*

    You look great by the way!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comments and compliment, Melzaelf! I started out walking too. That was about 5 years ago. I had only ran for a couple of years in ROTC, and I was a terrible (lazy!) runner back then! So, since so many years had past since I did run, I started out walking and slowly progressed into running. I am of the mindset that if I can do it, ANYONE can! Let me tell you, I was so so out of shape for so long. I have come a long way in my fitness and yet, I could improve still! Big time! It is my goal to run the Denver Marathon. I love Colorado and the idea of running at a higher altitude is a great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Kimberly! That picture was taken in summer of 1993. I was 18 and me and my friends had graduated high school a couple of weeks before. I still cannot believe I had eyebrows like that! What was I thinking!? lol I penciled them in everyday using a Maybelline taupe color! Now, I get them professionally waxed and tinted every 5 -6 weeks. So much better now! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Tara,
    I just did a post on when I ran the SF marathon...if you need any training tips let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Clare! That is fantastic! You are runner too? I like you even more!! lol I will be sure to check out your blog! You go, lady!

    Tara

    ReplyDelete