Wednesday, July 28, 2010
The Vintage Poll With Questionnaire!
So, it's question time, girls! I am getting to know lots of you wonderful vintage gals and I would like to know:
1. What inspired you to go vintage?
2. How long have you been living the vintage life?
3. Does your family/friends support your vintage living?
Here are my answers:
1. I fell in love with vintage in the 7th grade. My sister worked for a vintage store in college and when she brought home her wares, I fell in love. Also, my dad always had loved and played big band and 50s music. I heard "Tuxedo Junction" and I was hooked. I continue to wear vintage for these reasons and now because vintage shapes and designs flatter me better than modern clothing.
2. I have been wearing vintage off and on since high school (I know I mentioned this and if I am repeating myself, I apologize!) and I have been in vintage daily for 4 years.
3. I will not be "all drama" about this one. My husband's family are awesome and supportive and/or they don't care really. My parents, however, get embarrassed when I wear vintage, especially when we go out in public. I have no idea why. You would think they would appreciate the fact I am wearing their "generation" but alas, no. I often "tone it down" when I go visit Mom and Dad. It is a little frustrating and confusing sometimes.
So, I would love to hear your stories and views!