Tuesday, January 11, 2011

It's Good to Be Back! Happy 2011!

After being away from blogging for a few weeks, it feels good to be back in the "land of the living!" Now that the holidays are over, I am ready to write, share new products reviews with you, and start making comments again on your blogs again!

I hope everyone's holidays were enjoyable! Mine were so busy, I feel like I need a vacation! I hosted Christmas dinner and New Year's Eve. I went to my sister's Christmas Eve party, hung out with my parents, and celebrated with my in-laws. Moreover, on the day after Christmas, my parents, the man, myself, my sister, my brother-in-law, and my niece and nephew went to New York City on Amtrak. Every year around the holidays, we visit NYC for a few days for fun, dining, and shopping, and also to see the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular at Radio City Music Hall.

Let me tell you, New York City during a blizzard is a sight to be hold! I love snow and winter but walking from 50th and 6th down to 36th and 8th (after the Rockettes Show) in the bitter cold, driving snow, and gale-force winds is pure hell. Normally, we would have taken cabs back to our hotel but no cabs were running and the few that were out were just spinning in place.

The Amtrak and local airports were shut down for a few days but luckily we were all able to get back home to the DC area on Tuesday evening. I will go back to New York for sure but never during a winter storm. It is so not worth it!

So, now that it's 2011, I am eager to get back into the gym, train for a marathon, and continue to learn to sew! I will be 36 in April and I want to be healthier, fitter, and more knowledgeable when it comes to all things vintage!

Here's to a new year, gals!

12 comments:

  1. Have a glamourous 2011! (It's good to have you back!) :")

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Frl. Irene Palfy! I hope your holidays were lovely and I hope your 2011 so far has been great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are back! I went to NYC between blizzards back in 96. It was beautiful and picturesque, but I'm glad I was there for those 2 days between the blizzards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kim!

    Thanks! It is good to be back! NYC was pretty as the snow started on Sunday afternoon but as the day progressed, the city looked more like Antarctica rather that a major metropolis! I have never seen Times Square so empty before! My husband took pictures of me, him, and my parents trekking through the city as we braved the winds, cold, and snow. I will post them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see you back! I've never been to NYC during a blizzard but have been there when it was so unbelievably cold all we could do was swear, not ladylike I admit but you just couldn't not, we literally walked from our hotel in Times Square to Virgin (which sadly is no longer in Times Square) and I thought we'd die it was so cold! We've visited Swiss ski resorts in Jan and still never known cold like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fiona,

    Your story is too funny! I was swearing too! lol! I have also been in ski towns, including my father's native Norway, and no place was as cold as NYC was! I think what makes the city so brutally cold in bad weather is the fact it is surrounded by water and the tall buildings just channel the wind!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back =)
    I hope you had a delightful Christmas & New Years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lady B: Guys follow your blog too. Glad you're back and safe. Happy 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year to you too! Looking forward to your posts this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Melzaelf! I hope you had a great holiday season too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry for not including the gents, JJ! My apologies, sir! NYC was a saga for sure! I am just ready to ski! The time has come for the annual two weeks in Breck and I am so ready to cut fresh tracks! I hope your holiday season was joyous and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year's, Clare! I hope you had a Happy Christmas too! I will be reading your blog for sure this year! You are in my bookmarks!

    ReplyDelete