Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A Blah Day Here in DC


(The above pic is courtesy of the Nation Park Service website)

This is DC right now. It is just 69 F degrees today (21 C)! It has also been cloudy and drizzling off and on for most of the day. Some June weather, huh? Well, according to my "boyfriend," meteorologist Doug Hill of my local ABC affiliate, it is going to be sunny and 87 F (31 C) tomorrow!

I do not like cloudy and wet days like this, especially in summer. I think summer should be hot and humid and winters should be snowy and cold!

Anyway, I had my hair done so great but the frizz came out and tried to steal the show. I wore my vintage, teal blue chiffon scarf today in an effort to protect my hair.

It is funny to see the odd looks I get from some people whenever I wear my head scarves on rainy days like this. Just today, I was in the car during my lunch break and I was stopped at a red light when I happened to look over and see this man staring at me like I was some weirdo. Oh well. I guess he was just jealous that he cannot 'rock out' the chiffon like me!

So, here is a question, on days when the weather tries to ruin our victory rolls and curls, what do you do to safeguard it?

No comments:

Post a Comment