Monday, June 7, 2010

Essie Nail Polish In Forever Young Review


I am wearing Essie Nail Polish in color "Forever Young." The color is a true red that is neither cool or warm. It has a certain brightness but overall this is not a garish shade. Forever Young is a classic, vintage red that is a good staple for any vintage girl.

This .5 ounce bottle retails for about $8.00 USD. Whenever I use this polish, I apply two coats which cover nails well. I do not have any streaking or thin spots. I apply a top coat of Seche Vite and let nails dry.

If I keep my nails super short, as seen above, I find this polish will last a couple of days without any chips. However, if my nails are longer, the polish tends to rub off and chip quickly and I will need to re-do nails after three days.

Overall, Forever Young is the quintessential, 1940s red that will flatter most vintage girls. The only drawback is the easily-chipped formula. The color is pretty but the formula falls flat.

I am still on the hunt for the perfect retro red that will last longer that Essie.

Have any of you girls found that "holy grail" formula? Please share!

2 comments:

  1. My best kept secret for keeping nail polish on my nails is a the silk wrap base coat by ULTA. It is seriously one of the most amazing beauty products I have ever tired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great tip, Emily! There is an Ulta near my office. I am going to get a bottle of that base coat and give it a try!

    ReplyDelete