Friday, June 25, 2010

MAC Paint Pots in Neutrals


Here are swatches of 6 neutral shades of MAC Paint Pots. Paint Pots retail for $16.50 USD and they contain 0.17 ounces of product. They are cream eyeshadow bases that can be used alone or with eyeshadow. Paint Pots help shadow last longer and also make the color stand out. When trying to select colors to buy, you cannot go wrong with these great neutrals! And as we all know, neutrals are a must when creating the quintessential 1940s eye!

From Top to Bottom, Left to Right, the shades are:

1. Bare Study (a pale champagne shimmer with a gold undertone)
2. Painterly (a soft pinkish-beige nude cream with no shimmer)
3. Perky (a light pink-based creamy peach with a slight pearl effect)
4. Rubenesque (a peach gold shimmer)
5. Fresco Rose (a mid-tone light pink cream with a hint of pearl)
6. Groundwork (a light toast beige cream with a hint of pearl).

How to use:

Using fingers or a MAC 152 brush, apply onto the lower lid of the eyes, just before the crease. If using Painterly, you can apply to the entire eye, from lashes to brow bone. I usually just apply paint pots to my lids and this is a look I do often:

I first put on an eyeshadow primer like Urban Decay Primer Potion or Too Faced Shadow Insurance all over my eyelid. I then apply Perky Paint Pot on my lower lid using a MAC 152 brush. Afterwards, I apply MAC Pen N Pink eyeshadow (a pale pink, non shimmer color) to my lower lid. On my crease, I apply MAC shadow in Copperplate with a MAC 217 brush. (Your crease color can be a light beige or soft toast shade). To finish, I put on a light eggshell shadow like MAC's Mylar on my browbone and then coat top and lower lashes with MAC Opulash Mascara in black.

And this is how it looks:

No comments:

Post a Comment